In order to plan the agenda of the April 2016 AR Community meeting to meet the needs of the community, participants are HIGHLY ENCOURAGED to prepare and submit speaking abstracts and/or position papers.
This page provides all information necessary for preparation and submission of speaking abstracts and/or position papers for the April 2016 AR Community meeting.
Contributions specifically designed to inform the community about new developments, or topics not previously covered in meetings of the AR community are welcome.
Papers must be relevant to the topic of open interfaces and platforms for Augmented Reality. They may make recommendations regarding reuse of existing standards, specify requirements for new standards, make arguments for or against specific strategies, propose new approaches and, optionally, contain examples.
At the bottom of this page we provide links to pages where one can consult past position papers.
Allowed formats are HTML/XHTML or PDF.
All papers must:
- be 1 to 8 pages in length
- be written in English
- include a title, names of authors, affiliation of authors on the top of first page
- have author contact e-mail in the title block (above) or as a footnote on page 1 and
have page numbers and the words
“April 2016 AR Community Meeting” in the footer of the page(s)
There will be a two phase submission process in order to encourage early preparation.
Speaker Proposals and Abstracts: All those wishing to speak and/or planning to submit a full position paper for the April 2016 AR Community meeting are invited to send a brief synopsis of 500 words to Christine Perey on or before close of business February 29, 2016. This will assist the Program Committee in preparation of a draft agenda, identifying and inviting speakers.
Each author of a paper which is on relevant topics will receive acknowledgement (e.g., notification of acceptance) e-mail from the meeting chair upon submission of a paper which the program committee deems as meeting the guidelines of the workshop.
Speaker notifications will be issued by e-mail on or before March 5, 2016. Prompt registration is encouraged to take advantage of the early bird registration fee (ends March 10).
Final position papers: Full position papers, or the URL of the position paper if it is published on the Web in HTML or PDF format, must be sent by March 10, 2016 via e-mail to Christine Perey.
All final position papers must be submitted on or before 5 PM UK time March 10, 2016. Notifications with suggested modifications will be made promptly (within one week of receipt of submission).
Extensions may be granted on request.
Terms and conditions
In addition to speaker proposal and/or position papers acceptance, meeting registration is mandatory to offset meeting costs. Registration details can be found on the main meeting page. All speakers and participants must complete the on-line registration form.
Submitting a paper constitutes acceptance of the terms below.
- All papers must be original in content, or extensions of previously published content, authored by one or more participants.
- In making the submission of a paper, the meeting participant accepts that
the organizers will publish on the Web and at their discretion the content of
the position paper.
- Meeting organizers are not responsible for accuracy of final paper contents.
- Organizers are at liberty to decide if content of submitted paper is not
in the scope of the meeting and elect not to publish papers considered out of scope.
Past Position Papers
When considering how to contribute to the community, we recommend that you begin by reviewing previously submitted position papers.
- In October 2010, the first meeting position papers.
- In February 2011, the second meeting outputs are found on this page. Position papers contributed by/for the second meeting are found here.
- In June 2011, the third meeting position papers and pre-reading are available on this page.
- In October 2011, the fourth meeting position papers and pre-reading are available on this page.
- In March 2012, the fifth meeting position papers and pre-reading are available on this page.
- In July 2012, the sixth meeting position papers and presentations are found on this page.
- In November 2012, the seventh meeting position papers and pre-reading materials are found on this page.
- In March 2013, the eighth meeting position papers and pre-reading materials are found on this page
- In May 2013, the ninth meeting position papers and pre-reading materials are found on this page.
- In March 2014, the tenth meeting position papers and pre-reading materials are found on this page.
- In March 2015, the twelfth meeting position papers and pre-reading materials are found on this page.