All developers utilizing the Layar mobile Augmented Reality platform are warmly invited to participate in the AR-4-Basel Application Challenge.
The AR-4-Basel Application Challenge will provide you the opportunity to:
- Experiment with many real world data sets made available by the City of Basel and other data providers,
- Have the exciting AR-4-Basel layers you create be tested in Basel by our volunteers before going live and being judged,
- Have your AR-4-Basel layers showcased in our October 25 event, and
- Win prizes and awards which will ensure that you and your company stand out on the international AR stage!
What can you do?
Help someone discover their next home!
And you can go far beyond this when you have a full 3D model of the city center and Messe area to work with as the basis for feature extraction. Mix and match the data sets from public and private sources!
Be creative and push the limits with all that is available to you!
Welcome and we look forward to your stimulating and innovative experiences!
To read the full description of the AR-4-Basel Application Challenge, go to this page
To participate in the App Challenge, you need only to follow the steps outlined in the Participation Section.
To submit your application for testing and evaluation for the AR-4-Basel Showcase Event and Awards, follow the steps outlined in the Submission Section.
- To add yourself to the mailing list for the AR-4-Basel project and receive periodic updates, complete the form here
- If you are seeking support for your new concept or channel, you may be able to receive technical assistance. The source of assistance depends on what you need. The City of Basel and all the partners of the AR-4-Basel project welcome your questions and inquiries by way of e-mail to Christine Perey.