The Third Meeting of the International AR Standards community is designed to achieve the objectives as defined by the co-chairs and the program committee. In order to achieve these objectives, speakers/contributors are invited to provide presentations to discuss current status of ongoing activities. In addition to the invited speakers who will speak on specific topics, the co-chairs and program committee members solicit contributions in the form of short position papers.
This page provides all information necessary for preparation and submission of position papers for this meeting.
Past Position Papers
In October 2010, the first meeting of this community was in Seoul, Korea. The participants raised many important topics and issues that helped provide the framework for continued dialogue. Please consult the first meeting position papers. In February 2011, a second meeting involving some of the same participants as well as many new faces, was organized in Barcelona, Spain. The outputs from the second meeting are found on this page. Position papers contributed by/for the second meeting are found here.
When considering how to contribute to the community, we recommend that you begin by reviewing previously submitted position papers.
New contributions specifically designed to inform the community about new developments, or topics not previously covered in our meetings of the community are welcome.
In particular, this meeting will highlight and highly encourage participants to read in advance papers on topics such as:
- Inter-disciplinary and cross organizational collaboration between Standards Development Organizations (SDOs), industry associations, and other relevant types of groups,
- Identification of relevant existing standards and the areas in which new standards may be needed to spur collaborative development in the marketplace,
- Augmented Reality and Spatial Law,
- Augmented Reality and Personal Data, with special emphasis on the Personal Data Ecosystem,
- Augmented Reality and the development of appropriate Display/Output devices,
- Augmented Reality and Indoor Navigation, and
- Testbeds for Augmented Reality best practices and standards implementations.
Allowed formats are HTML/XHTML or PDF.
All papers must:
- be 1 to 8 pages in length
- be written in English
- include a title, names of authors, affiliation of authors on the top of first page
- have author contact e-mail in the title block (above) or as a footnote on page 1
- have page numbers and the words
"International AR Standards Meeting-June 15-16 2011" in the footer of the page(s)
Workshop paper, or the URL of the position paper if it is published on the Web in
HTML or PDF format, must be sent via e-mail to Christine Perey.
Each author of a paper which is on workshop relevant topics will receive
acknowlegement (notification of acceptance) e-mail from workshop chairs upon
submission of a paper which the program committee deems as meeting the guidelines
of the workshop.
PLEASE NOTE THE DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED!!
All papers must be submitted on or before 5 PM UK time June 6, 2011.
Notifications with suggested modifications will be made promptly (within
one week of receipt of submission).
Terms and conditions
Submitting a paper constitutes acceptance of the terms below.
- All papers must be original in content, or extensions of previously published content, authored by one or more participants.
- In making the submission of a paper, the meeting participant accepts that
the organizers will publish on the Web and at their discretion the content of
the position paper.
- Meeting organizers are not responsible for accuracy of final paper contents.
- Organizers are at liberty to decide if content of submitted paper is not
in the scope of the meeting and elect not to publish papers considered out of scope.